Monday, May 26, 2008

Tomorrow starts another adventure. My mother is feeling much better and is walking around just fine now, so I'm no longer nervous to leave her. My father and brother have been spending all their time at the store and I was worried that they would leave her alone while I was gone and she wasn't even able to get to the kitchen for water. Today she's walking around like nothing happened, so I'm not worried about leaving her here alone. Of course my mother can take care of herself, but if she gets a dizzy spell, I wouldn't want her to be alone in the house. I guess I'm just annoyed that they would put an Ace Hardware ahead her. What kind of family do I have if they would just leave her alone all day while she's feeling so sick? But, like I said, she's feeling much better, so I guess I don't have to worry.

The current travel plans are to leave for Santa Fe at noon tomorrow. Then I'll spend Wednesday in New Mexico, catch up with a few people and a dog. Then on Thursday Nick and I head out to the East Coast. We'll be stopping in Boulder, Iowa, Cleveland, and Boston before he drops me off in NY. I've never been to Boulder, Cleveland, or Boston, so I'm excited to see these new cities. We won't be spending a ton of time in these places, but just a little peek might spark my interest to check them out more thoroughly in the future.

Packing for Vermont has become a nightmare. I don't know where I'm going after the summer, so I don't know how much to take in terms of warm clothing. I'm not sure what to do about my bike except leave my parents some money and ask them to bring it to a bike shop that will ship it. I can't do it now because no one is at the theatre to receive it yet. I also can't find my screwdriver. I don't know why I always have to feel so rushed when I pack. I have plenty of time. I think owning things makes me nervous and having to pick and chose what goes and what stays is annoying to me. I would be better off owning nothing, then I wouldn't ever have to pack.

I think I might give my brain a short break and go out and buy some fabric to make a case for my laptop. I always enjoy sewing projects. I guess I'll update again from Santa Fe. After I've consumed more red chile of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment