Sunday, June 1, 2008

Hotel - Moline, IL

Well, I'm here in Moline. Don't ask me anything about this place, because I don't know. The hotel is pretty nice. Internet, third floor and a room you enter from inside the building. What more could a girl ask for?

Nick's been a great travel partner. We talk a bunch. We listen to a lot of the same music. He enjoys doing all the driving. This is all fine and dandy by me. Awkwardness avoided. He has a high tolerance for my disjointed social skills. That always helps.

I'm starting to think a little more on this whole wandering thing that I'm doing. I'm content now and marginally satisfied with the friendships I currently have with people, but I know it won't last forever. I know that eventually I'm going to need more. As I get closer and closer to summer, I get closer and closer to summer's end. I need to figure out where I'll go. I hope it will lead to somewhere I want to stay.

I can't have meaningful relationships while I'm running all about. I can't keep starting up these friendships and then running off again. I'll want something more than friends in the future. But I also know that I need to be around people who have the same ideals as I do. Where I go after summer may help me find those people. I hope it helps me find those people.

This seems random. Nick and I had some conversations today during our 12 hour trip, which got me thinking about my direction in life. It's crazy having someone to talk to so casually for such a long time abut these kinds of serious subjects. It gets me drifting off into my head for long periods of time. It doesn't help that I have trouble explaining my intentions, mostly because I'm still trying to figure them out. Transitions. Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment