Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The Logger's House - Pawlet, VT

Last night, a few chapters into the fourth book, I finally put down The Chronicles of Narnia and have no intention of picking it up again. Why I got three books into this awful series, I'm really not sure. I always had bad feelings about it and I proved myself right. I clearly have a very serious and personal issue with C.S. Lewis, because I find him pompous and preachy. I didn't even take it personally when he insulted a character by pointing out their vegetarianism, but I can't deal with his underlying brainwashing in children's book. It doesn't help that the books are transparent and the characters are boring and two-dimentional. And I'm not going to take the fact that they are children's books as an excuse for over-simplified writing. The Hobbit was written for children. It probably didn't help that I put the book down while I was hanging out in the bathroom because I was feeling so sick and was tired of going back and forth from the bathroom to the bedroom, so I just brought a book to take my mind off of it.

That stomach bug finally caught up with me. I got it two days earlier than expected, but I'm glad to have gotten it over with. Mostly. Obviously I'm not going into details here, but there was a moment when I was curled up on the bathroom floor trying to use positive energy to make myself feel better and heal by thanking the virus for coming early and making my immune system stronger. This did not work. Maybe because I'm not sure that I really meant it. Telling myself that I had felt much much worse at other times in my life didn't work either. I knew I'd been through worse and that this would only be a few hours of my entire life, but man were those some terrible hours. I'm glad the worst part is over with. Why can't these things ever happen in the middle of the day when you're wide awake?

Getting sick meant that The Logger and I missed the bris today. Oliver called to tell us that the baby's name is Eden. I can't even say how much I love this name. I'm so excited to get back to Teleion Holon after I'm feeling better. Maybe another day or two. So glad we came here, because it would have been terrible for anyone else to have caught this, especially Bonnie and little Eden. I can't seem to get over my excitement of having a new baby in the house.

Today I feel achy all over, like I've over-used my body somehow. I had a strawberry popsicle this morning and it was the best thing I had ever eaten in my life. Or it was while I was eating it. I don't even like popsicles, but this one was made with real strawberries and had no artificial anything. Crazy how being sick will make the simplest things into life changing events. So today has been a popsicle and water day. I grumbled to The Logger a few times about how he was not allowed to talk about food in any way. I'm feeling a little hungry but eating sounds like the worst idea ever. Actually, I think I'll never eat again.

No comments:

Post a Comment