Friday, August 1, 2008

I've finally made myself some travel plans. After I leave here the plan is to go to NYC for a few days, then to DC, South Carolina (surprise visit to Grandma, shhh), then to Orlando (hopefully), then off to Portland. I need to get there before the 2nd of October because my wonderful friend Brita has invited me to go see Dan Le Sac Vs. Scroobious Pip. I will then hopefully find some kind of job that will house me, somewhere in the state, and stay for 1 or 2 seasons.

Of course we'll see how this all works out, but playing things by ear has been ok so far, so I'm going to roll with it. Here's a map:

google!

Right now I'm just enjoying my time here in VT. I feel so much better having some kind of plan. I have always wanted to go to Portland and was waiting for a good reason. Not having any other plans is reason enough I think.

I also joined this group called WWOOF which I hope will help me find an organic vegetarian farm. The hardest challenge to me so far is finding a farm that does not raise animals for food. I'm not sure I could learn about animal husbandry knowing that the animals I am caring for, and will inevitably get attached to, will be slaughtered for food. The thought disgusts me and I want no part in it. But I have hope that I will be able to find something in the end. Crossing my fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment