Saturday, July 5, 2008

Everyday that I'm here in Dorset I am thankful for changing my mind and deciding to come back this summer. In some ways I am glad for some of the things that happened in my life that led me back here. It's been such a welcome change from what my life has been. I've been given the opportunity to start my life over, and I get to start here. How lucky is that?

The other night it started pouring rain (surprise, surprise) and I was sitting up in my room, thinking about changing into jammies and going to bed. Right as I was about to, the rain picked up and went from pouring to biblical. I immediately ran out onto the lanai to see if anyone out there was as excited as I was. Sadly, they were not. I didn't let that stop me, so I ran out into it. I was soaked in a flash. I ran back onto the lanai to see if my pure glee could rub off on anyone and get them outside. Again, they just looked it me like I was out of my mind.

Luckily, Dibs, Carrie and Frankie were inside the living room and saw me running about, so they came out to join me. We ran over to the house next door, which is also being used by the theatre to house the Stage Manager, Emily, and actor, Mark, and a director Jonathan. Emily was on the phone, but Mark came out when we yelled for him. Cartwheels, puddles, ballet steps, and general giggling took place. Emily eventually joined us, but by then the rain had tapered off.

Alex laughed at us for taking "hippy showers." I laughed at Alex for being too uptight to dance in the rain. No one ever outgrows that kind of fun.

1 comment: